Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Roxie

Wow, so after 3 months I was finally able to log into this website so I could update it!


Say hi to Roxie. She was a stray we took in the end of July to love and find her a good home. We think she was abandoned and abused. She had been wandering around base for a few weeks, and I guess people had tried to catch her but nobody could until the morning we just happened to stop home between Sunday school and church. Our neighbor caught her but couldn't help because her dog was going nuts. We took her into our back porch and started to take care of her. She was such a sweetheart, but I think she had had a pretty rough life. She was afraid of men, and at the beginning, anytime a hand came toward her she would get as low as possible. We walked her all over base housing and couldn't find her a home, and she was too sweet and we were too attatched to bring her to the pound. We thought we could keep her until we found her a home. A few days later our neighbor Kimberli, said her parents from Colorado would take her since no one else would(even though they already had 2 dogs and 3 cats). So we kept her until the end of the week. We had a fun time taking care of her, our kitties were a little jealous, but it was fun to have a dog for a little while. It was a lot of fun to have a dog to walk with in the morning. Roxie seemed to have been trained a little bit, but was badly neglected. She was so skinny and didn't eat or go to the bathroom regularily, but by the end of the week she was doing both. That Saturday after I got off work, Scott, Kimberli, Roxie and I headed off to Little Rock, Arkansas about 5 hours away to give Roxie to Kimberli's parents. They picked Roxie up and Kimberli went back to CO to help her adjust, and help take care of her because she hadn't been spade and also had heartworms. Scott and I were able to have a quick little trip in Little Rock.

Roxie is doing great in Colorado and is in a great home. Kimberli's parents actually only live about 2 minutes from my parents so they were able to see Roxie and we'll get to see her over Christmas. She's doing good and is halfway through her heartworm treatment. We are glad to be able to help this sweet little doggie out and are glad she's in a great home.

No comments: