Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Minnesota

I was able to visit Minnesota for my Grandma's 88th birthday. Scott had to do a student cross country to the east coast and my parents and sister were in MN, so I got to fly up there and see them all. It was wonderful to see my Grandma and celebrate with her.

We also went to my cousin Betsy's wedding celebration. It was great to see her and the other family members that I hadn't seen in so long. The flowers were beautiful and I enjoyed using the flying salt and pepper for the sweet corn.

On the way to the picnic,we took a drive down memory lane for my parents. They showed us where they went to seminary and nursing school, all of their old stomping grounds and where their first apartment was as newlyweds. It was fun to see where it all began.


We had some good family time with Grandma, it was too bad Chip and Scott weren't there. We were able to play some cards with Grandma which is always fun! I also had Grandma teach me how to embroider. It was amazing to watch her do it with such ease. I needed more time with her showing me how to do it, because I tried when I got home and it looked nothing like hers! I'm so glad she was able to show me, I'll just have to keep practicing.










On Sunday we had Grandma's birthday party. It was great to catch up and see family that I hadn't seen in a long time, some even 10 years! I think Grandma really enjoyed it and it was fun for the rest of us.
It was wonderful to be able to visit Grandma and catch up with family. I will always treasure the time with Grandma and can't wait to see her again!

No comments: