Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sherwood Inn

Although I no longer work at Beans and Cream, Scott and I were able to go with the staff to the Sherwood Inn for Larry's birthday. Mary Nell is having a year-long celebration for her husband Larry's 65th birthday. Every month she has something planned all over Mississippi to remember fun times from his past, with mystery guests along the way. For the month of March we went to the Sherwood Inn. This is one of Larry's favorite restaurants, and they had wonderful shrimp and lots of other local favorites. It's in the middle of, actually I'm not sure where it was. They rented a bus and took us there so we wouldn't get lost.












The food was great and I tried a few things I never thought I would, like fried frog legs. Scott said I couldn't say I ate it, just that I tried it. One bite was enough for me! The picture below is of me sucking the head of a boiled crawfish. Cheryl always told me this how they eat them at crawfish boils, and they finally talked me into it. They said I was just getting all of the spices and juices from the boil-I still don't know if I believe them!
It was great to be able to all travel back on a bus together. We didn't have to worry about navigating around in the dark in the snow. Yes, snow. It was tiny little flurries, but pretty crazy for Mississippi nevertheless.











We had a great time eating and talking together. It was very generous of Larry and Mary Nell to take us all out and allow us to be a part of his birthday celebration. Happy birthday Larry!


No comments: