Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baseball, Sushi, and the Piggly Wiggly


Starkville. You've gotta love it.

Mississippi State University is here. We've enjoyed going to several sporting events including football, basketball, volleyball, and now baseball. Military members got into the baseball game free the first weekend in March because they were playing the Air Force Academy. The Academy lost the game we watched. It was still fun.


Our next stop of course was UMIs for sushi. Our favoite is the crunchy shrimp roll. Fabulous! And I love their black honey milk tea. Yumm! Pretty random to have great sushi in Mississippi.


On our way home we relized that there is now a Piggly Wiggly! Of course we had to stop. Before living in Mississippi, I thought Piggly Wigglys were only in the movies! They're real:) I've heard that this wasn't a typical Piggly Wiggly, usually they are fairly small grocery stores. This one used to be a Southern Family Market so it was pretty big. I had to take a picture under a pig sign and I think this lady thought I was crazy. It was a fun experience;)


This is just a quick snapshot of some of the things we do on the weekend. The South isn't flashy and highspeed but I enjoy it, although I think I will enjoy anywhere I go with Scott. :)

No comments: