Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good-bye Grandma Milly!

Grandma Milly was a wonderful godly woman that has left her mark on so many. She passed away on February 13th at the age of 88. She went to heaven the day before Valentine's Day and my cousin Josh put it so well as he said "Leave it to Grandma to find a way to be with Grandpa on Valentine's Day." What a way to spend Valentine's Day- reunited with Grandpa but more importantly she is in the presence of our Lord, the creator and true giver of love!

She will be truly missed. It was neat talking with all the cousins about our favorite memories of Grandma. Many were the same, but some were different and it was fun to hear how she touched each of our lives-pretty good considering there were 20 grandkids. Though it was a hard weekend, it was a wonderful time to reconnect with family that we havn't talked to in a while. Everyone is so busy, but this weekend we were able to stop, connect, and reflect on the wonderful life Grandma lived.



The funeral was nice and a great tribute to Grandma and the Lord that she loved so much. I know one of the things Grandma wanted so much was for those she loved to know the Lord. There were stories, hymns, and tears, but it was a wonderful way to say good-bye.










I'm very blessed I was able to visit Grandma last month. She taught me how to embroider again and this time it actually stuck. We played games and listened to her strories. We spent about 4 days with her and enjoyed every minute with her, but I knew it was probably the last time I would see her on this earth. The Lord blessed her with a long life, and she lived a life glorifying to God. This verse was read several times this weekend and it fits her very well, " I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Timothy 7:7-8


She will be missed dearly but there is hope in the Lord, those who know him will all meet again!

No comments: