After that we went across the park to visit a replica of the Greek Parthenon. It was neat but very out of place in the middle of Tennessee. 
That evening we met back up with Dan and Jocelyn and went to the Wildhorse Saloon for some live country music, good food, line dancing, and two-steppin'. It was a lot of fun and very "Nashvilly".
Later that night we were able to meet up with Jason Sever, one of Scott's friends that he grew up with. He is a songwriter, and it was interesting hearing all of his stories about the country music business. I'm glad I was able to finally meet him. I now have a face to put with the name in all the stories Scott has told me about the mischief they used to get into!
We left the next day, and Jocelyn and I decided to drive home by way of the Natchez Trace Parkway. It was the route from Nashville to Natchez that was commonly used by Indians, hunters, farmers, and later by anyone who wanted the most direct route to Natchez, Mississippi and the coast. In 1812 though, steamboats started being used and that became the preferred method of transpotation and shipment. So now the Natchez Trace is just a peaceful road though the country.

It was a nice drive but I think it would have been much prettier had the sun been out and everything been a bit greener.
No comments:
Post a Comment