Thursday, January 3, 2008

Richmond Marathon

This summer Scott decided it was time to run a marathon. Another instructor pilot was running one in Richmond Virginia in November, so Scott flew out with him and ran in the race Veteran's Day weekend . Scott finished it in good time and at the end looked like he could have kept going. I went along for moral support and a fun trip. As Scott ran, I walked to different checkpoints and cheered. I was very proud of him!


We also had a fun time touring Civil war battlefields. It was amazing to see how and where the Union and Conferderate soldiers fought. The mounds in the picture show how far apart each side was from the other (they were so close!). There were trenches behind each mound(earthworks) where they hid and shot eachother. Crazy!











The day after the marathon we drove down to Jamestown to get another glimpse of history. We toured the museum and the grounds,which were set up as they would have been back when the colony was set up.







We learned a lot about history that weekend and also had a good time with the marathon. Maybe someday Scott will run another marathon, but as for me, I will just continue to cheer him on!

No comments: