
Early July Scott flew to the Azores. They are islands out in the Atlantic Ocean. If you find Portugal and
Morocco on a map, follow the line from them west into the Atlantic Ocean and you will hit the Azores. The islands are owned by Portugal. I was able to hop on as Scott flew, so I sat in the jump seat and watched and listened to the flight. It was neat to be able to experience first hand what Scott does for a living. We ate some yummy
Portuguese food, the fish was extremely fresh!

The island was beautiful. There were mountains on land and cliffs on the coast.

The runway goes off into oblivion. Hopefully the planes can make it, or they'll end up in the ocean. We just stopped for lunch, picked up some passengers, and then headed back to base. It was kinda like "bring your wife to work day".

Now that we are settled in our house, it was time to get flowers!!! Every Friday there is market in
Mildenhall. We found some lovely flowers, and here's a few pictures of them. These
gerber daisys were
awesome! I'd never seen them as potted plants. Hopefully I can keep them looking like this.

The calla lillies
worked well in the pot over the sewer drain. 
The nice flower man gave me this pepper plant for free. I bet they'll be yummy in Scott's special salsa!

One of the bases here opened up for Americans and Brits to celebrate the 4th of July. Tops in Blue performed and then there was a nice fireworks show. I was wondering how they would approach Independence Day, since we did win the war, but they just always referred to it as "America's Birthday". We thought that was pretty amusing!
Our pepper and strawberry plants produced edible food!! This was the first batch and the picture below was the harvest a few weeks later. They were some of the sweetest strawberries I think I have ever had!

This is Mike and Jeremy from Scott's pilot training class. They were stationed at Lakenheath and were just leaving for the States the next day. We're glad we got to see them a little before they moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment