Sunday, June 7, 2009

Floor Disaster


About a month after we moved in and had everything unpacked, I notices something on our walls. I'll make a very long story short. Our pipes run under our floor and had been leaking for who knows how long. The above picture shows the hole they had to drill to find out which pipe was leaking. The water went all the way through the concrete in our floors and was going into our wood and carpet. We had to move everything from the living room and kitchen into the rest of the house. This was after I had finally put everything away in the living room, all the books, glass stuff etc.
We took the floors up and then had to wait for the concrete to dry which took quite a while.

The dark part is where the water had spread. Needless to say, this was quite a mess. After about a week we put the carpet back in the living room, but it was several weeks before we got the kitchen floor and hall floor back in. What a mess. We are just glad that nothing was ruined but a couple of weeks. Talking to people I realize it could have been a lot worse. Well, guess it's a growing experience and a story we may someday laugh about.

No comments: