Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meister's May Visit

It was wonderful to have my family come and visit Columbus. We had a pretty relaxing time and were able to do a lot of fun things.


Katrina and I are teal twins, not planned but still worth taking a picture. As you can see Daisy and Denver weren't thrilled about being in the picture.


The sweet tea at The Back Door gave us lots of energy to shop at the cute stores downtown. It's always more fun shopping with family.


I took them to Friendship Cemetery. This picture is in the middle of the Confederate soldier plots. We walked all over the place trying to find different sections of graves, we never did find where the Union soldiers were buried but we found out where the indigents were buried. They were the poor that couldn't afford much for gravestones so I think we were walking over them for quite some time. Though it was very hot walking around, the cemetery was a neat piece of history for them to see.
The magnolia trees are blooming. Aren't my mom and the blooms beautiful? I sure think so!


Of course we had to go bowling. It's tradition now I think.


We took them to the base's favorite restaurant. It's the Little Kitchen, they serve breakfast, lunch, and Chinese food. Everyone loves it and the two connected trailers offers quite the atmosphere. :)


Matchy matchy pink squared! (If you watch Return to Me that comment won't seem so dorky.)Again not planned. We just love pink.


Katrina was enjoying holding baby Denver. He actually doesn't seem to mind it.


I think Dad found a new friend. He couldn't move for a while though, Princess Daisy fell fast asleep. It was pretty cute.

One afternoon we took a tour of Waverly Mansion, it's open every day for tours. I think my family really enjoyed it. There's nothing like it in Colorado. The daughter of the current owner gave us our tour, so we got a lot of behind the scenes stories of her childhood there. It's very fascinating, and every time I go there I learn something new. She was telling us how much some of the antiques cost, amazing, I would have armed guards at the doors!


The inside of the house is absolutely gorgeous. We are in front of one of the two matching staircases that go to the second floor. Guests aren't allowed to go to the third and fourth floor, but it's fun looking all the way up there.


This is the Mississippi state flag, and yes, it does have the confederate flag still in it. We took a picture of it to shock all ya'll not from the South.

My mom helped me make my first wreath. I was very excited. I really wish I was crafty, but I'm not, so I was sure glad to have some help.


My Dad had to leave a couple of days early, so we went shopping a lot just the girls. So fun.

I'm so glad they were able to come and visit one last time. It's crazy to think that our time here is coming to an end in not too long. It's always hard to say good-bye, but I think the humidity made it a little easier for them to fly back to Colorado. Can't wait to see where it is they'll visit us at next!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I appreciated the Return to Me reference :-).

Where is our waiter? What is going on?

Frohardts said...

Yeah, so many people havn't seen that movie! Do you have any French water, no bubbles? I got sick on Swiss water once...